Obesity & Diabetes Treatment
Dr. Peyman used to offer a weight loss program at her office. Now she no longer runs this program, but she can provide the weight loss guidebook to her patients if they are interested in following the plan. Here is a basic description of the program:
PHASE 1: TOTAL BODY DETOX (10 DAYS)
- We begin with a specific 10-day nutritional protocol to improve the function of the liver, kidneys, and colon using real food.
- No supplements to buy.
- No unusual detox drinks.
- Among people who have followed this protocol, there is an average weight loss of 5 pounds in the first 10 days.
PHASE 2: METABOLIC & HORMONAL CONTROL (12 WEEKS)
- We establish better blood sugar control, to set the foundation for healthy weight loss and craving control.
- We test your adrenal cortisol levels throughout the day to assess whether you are gaining weight because of stress. If these levels are out of balance, we provide you with professional grade herbs and vitamins to restore healthy cortisol levels.
- If you have diabetes, we will structure the program around healthy blood sugar control, using natural supplements. We can use food as medicine to regulate your blood sugar. Many of our patients can reduce or even eliminate their medications for Type II Diabetes after following the Metabolic Plus protocol. We can also help people to reduce the need for cholesterol medications with this program.
- We test your insulin levels to determine whether you have insulin resistance as a cause of weight gain. If it is, we provide you with a specific nutritional protocol to reduce insulin resistance.
- We run comprehensive tests of your thyroid function to uncover possible thyroid imbalances as a cause of weight gain. If you have thyroid problems, we can write prescriptions for natural thyroid hormones, or give you supplements that support proper thyroid function.
- Based on your test results and starting weight, we create a weekly Nutrition Prescription to improve your metabolism and regulate hormonal control of weight loss.
- Based on starting weight and your fitness goals, we create a weekly Fitness Prescription. This will change over the course of the program as we continually reassess your progress, to help you reach your goals.
- We address problems with underlying physical and emotional food addictions, or self-sabotaging thoughts and behaviors that are keeping you from being the person you truly want to be. If you have depression or another mood disorder that is leading to overeating or physical inactivity, we can treat those issues during this weight loss program. We may use homeopathic medicine to address these emotional and psychological concerns. We may give you a referral for counseling or hypnosis to assist in this process.
- If you have exercise limitations due to injuries or chronic pain, we may give you a referral to a program for physical therapy and personal training that is covered by most insurance.
- We can repeat Phase 2 as many times as necessary to reach your fitness goals.
PHASE 3: MAINTAIN WITH THE MEDITERRANEAN DIET
- Once you have reached your weight loss goals, we will retest and reassess your hormones and blood sugar control.
- If proper hormonal balance has been established, we move on to a more open dietary plan that is ideal for long-term maintenance of your health and fitness.
- The Mediterranean Diet has been used to reduce overall cardiovascular risk and maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- This diet is rich in enjoyable, real, flavorful food, such as lean red meat, fresh seafood, healthy oils, whole fruits, whole grains, organic cheeses and dairy products, fresh vegetables, dark chocolate, and red wine.
Metabolic Plus is designed to help you with:
- Weight Loss
- Increased Energy
- Craving Control
- Cholesterol Balance
- Improved Sleep
- Stress Reduction
- Blood Sugar Control
- Increased Lean Muscle
What are people saying about Metabolic Plus?
"The reduction in my body size has been tremendous!"
"Dr. Peyman has always been so positive and encouraging, telling me, 'you can do it'.”
"Now I'm feeling vibrant and full of zest; more physical than I have ever been; I am proud of my body and my successes."
"Dr. Peyman does not focus on weight loss only, but progress in various areas is a success."
"This has been one of the best things I have ever done for me!!!! I now appreciate the body I have and want to treat it right."
HEARD ABOUT HCG FOR WEIGHT LOSS? Read Dr. Peyman's article to get her professional opinion this option.